Saturday, November 26, 2016

Living in Malta: What I've learned!

This year, three life-changing things happened to me. My boyfriend of almost 5 years proposed to me earlier during the year, and, guess what, I said yes! I finally travelled to South Korea (a long-time dream of mine), and I was offered a job in Malta.

I never thought I'd move to Malta, ever! I used to get called up by recruiters with interesting job offers, but the major problem was that I didn't have enough of an idea about Malta to actually be willing to move here.

This year, however, was completely different! Something about the job being offered just said click -- regardless of the fact that there was another company competing for my interest. It had all the right specifications and fit my degree perfectly well.

I'm not going to ramble on for much longer. But I'm glad I picked the correct company, and that they decided to pick me too. Now I work with some of the most amazing people you'll ever meet (seriously, mostly fun and jokes at the office every single day), my boss is a pretty sound guy and I've compiled a list of things I love and things I will need time to get used to.

1. The mosquitos here are on another level; have to use repellent at all times.  


2. It tends to get extremely hot here during summer, and I had to learn the hard way! 




3. Drinks are super cheap!! 






















4. The food at most restaurants is extremely cheap!!














5. The shop-workers in some stores tend to want to finish whatever conversation they're having before serving you. 

6. Some people walk like they have all the time in the world (in some cases they actually do, as many Maltese people are really laid back)

7. You usually get a lot for your money when it comes to renting an apartment

8. People rarely ask to get past you, they'll just side-step you if they have to. 

I'm still learning, and new things pop up each day! Regardless of the cons, there are just soooo many pros that it's crazy! I love it here, and definitely see myself staying here for a long time. Watch out for more posts on my adventures in Malta!