Saturday, November 9, 2013

1 year graduation anniversary

Today marks exactly one year since I graduated from my degree in Communication and Media at University. I can definitely say that I've grown a little since that time (or a lot) - or, most probably, since the time I started University. That is now 5 years ago.

A lot of things have happened since I graduated, but one thing I'm certain about is the fact that I'm no longer scared of taking chances, or scared of the unknown. The past five years have been filled with different kinds of challenges, but being where I am now I can completely say that I managed to overcome every single one of them. I know there are more yet to come, but I'm no scared of facing them.

It's funny how, when one is looking at a point in the distance, goals seems so far away, but are actually closer than we think.

I remember when I was still longing to graduate with a degree, or when I was thinking of how hard it would be to start a life on my own. But I'm here now - at the very beginning of the rest of my life. I graduated from University and I'm living on my own, working in a country I wasn't born in, in a city I never knew before arriving here in 2008. Nothing ever comes easy, and I'm glad I was taught to appreciate every little thing since I was a young girl.  As I live and grow, I'll come to appreciate things much more.