Monday, September 24, 2012

Unto a Master's degree!

My summer has been quite a rollercoaster ride.  From making the decision about not traveling back to Norway because of being offered a job here in England, to deciding that I would like to study Master's, to figuring out that I would love to actually embark on a trip to Asia before that - and actually going through the process of planning the whole holiday and booking my ticket, to not travelling to Asia after all, I can say with firm belief that 'what doesn't kill you, (certainly) makes you stronger.

The next step in life is pursuing a Master's degree in Journalism and New Media, and working hard to do well in each subject. The act of self discipline can get a person far, but it's simply the steps to take to get there that are the hardest. I guess studying for a Master's degree either means more blogging, or less blogging, depending on the amount of work I have to get done (...whether they stress me out so much that they'll be worth writing about) etc.

I might spend more time at University and less time at home, which alone will wear me out, but I'm not really sure of what to expect yet. I'll have to wait and see, and judge once the workload I'm meant to be doing actually gets dropped at my feet.

I've had a couple of days to really relax and sleep for as much as I possibly could, and it feels so great. I guess I can't really complain once all the hard work starts, knowing that I've been privileged enough to rest properly. Imagine if I had worked up until the day I started University??? The only thing that would mean is more money, but that would also mean more stress, and definitely no rest.  I'm glad I stopped working in time for my Master's. I could only ask to be granted the ability and strength to do my best this year.