Saturday, July 14, 2012

Why do women ask, when they really don't want to know?

I have written a post on this type of topic once before, but just felt I'd do a post on it again, since I quite enjoy the topic...... (You can read my previous post on the topic here http://a-boutagirl.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/what-guys-shouldnt-ask-and-what-girls.html)

Women are interesting, funny, random creatures who you'll either find irritating, detest, be scared of, or simply just love. One thing many males find particularly puzzling is why most women ask about certain things they really don't want to know the answer to.  As I write, I am only answering for myself and not for the majority of women who exist out there.

In my case, why I ask a certain question I don't like the answer to, is because I am expecting a different outcome than what I get altogether. In my mind I am thinking 'maybe he'll be a gent. and say this......' or  this '.....' etc.  I am not really expecting to get a 'harsh reality check' thrown back at me.

 If my boyfriend's been somewhere, and I jokingly ask him 'were there any attractive females there?' I don't expect him to go 'Yeah' !!!! In my mind I'm already thinking that he'll possibly answer 'You know I've only got eyes for you, if there were, I didn't notice' or something along those lines. I'm sure that wouldn't be true, but at least I'd walk away smiling.

A woman asking her partner/husband/boyfriend etc if she's fat is not expecting him to say... 'Damn, honey, glad you finally asked, cause you f** as hell....Don't you think it's time you signed up to the gym or summin'?' (...although that answer would most likely come from a person with no manners or heart whatsoever), but she's simply expecting him to say 'Honey, you know I love you just the way you are, and if you're happy, I'm happy' or 'Baby, you look good just the way you are. No need to change, but if you feel different about it, I'm right behind you no matter what your decision is.'

A woman isn't expecting you to lie to her, but if you are able to make her feel wanted, then making her feel wanted (not lying) is the best way to go. I just find it a bit weird that men who think it's hard coming to terms with their emotions toward a female, find it easier not thinking first before they answer a question that could cost them a head or a leg. Lol.

Females like to be appreciated, and like Rihanna sings, to feel like they're 'the only Girl in the world', so to help a clueless guy out, or to give guys a heads up, do think twice before answering questions like 'Do you think I'm fat?'....'Do I look fat in this?' ...  'Do you think she's pretty?' .... 'Is she prettier than me?' etc.  Don't be surprised when a female gets annoyed if you have given her the wrong answer. Hey, a woman just wants to feel appreciated every once in a while, even if that means you telling her she is the only Girl you've got your eyes set on ;)