Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Hunger games!

A couple of days ago I went to the cinema with a group of friends to watch 'The Hunger games' - based on the triology by Suzanne Collins. I had placed a bet on that the movie would not be as good as everyone else had anticipated, with my best friend who thought the complete opposite. On our way in I had told her that she would have to give me money if she happened to find the movie dissatisfying, and I would have to give her money if I found the movie good.  You could only guess which one of us won the bet.

I don't usually like movie adaptations as I prefer reading the actual books. However, a movie - if I have not yet read the book(s) - could convince me to read the book. I know there is already quite a hype surrounding the books, nevertheless, I will be reading the books because I want to and not because of the good or negative people have said regarding the books.

I am currently reading Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, and I've realised that there's just this ever growing hunger for books inside of me. Each time I do have time to read a book I want to read another one, and another one, and another one. It just seems to continue like that. Among all the things I'm able to do, I believe reading is one of my most favourite abilities. I used to think of the inability to read as something terrible, in terms of a person missing out on a lot of great books/stories.

I'll hopefully be able to resume to reading numerous books after I graduate. Right now there's just too much to do and I hardly have time to do anything else but study and type up assignments. I marvel at people capable of gobbling up 8 books within a week.

I've been privileged enough to be able to spend time with my family here in Norway, and once I go back it will be all seriousness and no play - well, a little play. I'd better enjoy the time I do have left with them.