Thursday, November 10, 2011

From paperback to tablet reader?

I'm sure this topic might have already been covered, but just know that I'm not ripping the idea off people, but simply giving my own opinion about it.

Okay - so I've been like this book-nerd deeply immersed in any book I find interesting, ever since I could remember. And this whole idea about books completely becoming e-books aren't really enthralling, and it kinds of gives me the creeps realising just how much publishers are now investing in making this so called dream come true. What, really? Kindle could never beat the feel of having a real book in your hands and being able to physically turn the pages of it. I've heard so many say it, and I completely agree.

Of course some people actually find reading from a tablet fascinating, but there are millions who don't - millions who find there are too many complications with having a super huge library on one small compact device. I don't know about you, but I love my  physical library; a library I can see and touch and I'd definitely hate the experience of reading if I'd have to sit hours in front of a screen everyday. If everything I knew of relied strictly on technology I think I'd fall so ill.

Don't get me wrong - I do love my Samsung phone, but the experience of reading a book on it just was not as awesome as holding an actual book. I felt I was somehow just browsing through a normal lecture slide. BIG NO NO!

- And there are all these books on Amazon now which are only available on Kindle. Their synopses are soo good :( :( WHYYY????

 I'm curious to know if I'm the only one who's going crazy because of this 'Kindle' hype - or if anyone else is with me. Well - let me know in the comment box below. ^^