Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On the Writer's train...

I've yet again decided to get on the writer's bandwagon just to see where it might lead me. I know it's going to take a lot of planning, patience, effort and strength, but once again I'm actually willing to take on the challenge. I love my course and the fact that it motivates me to write more than I usually make time for during my spare time.

For a writer to progress they will need a lot of feedback from the audience, and although I am flattered that I do get a lot of visitors, I am hesitant about posting anything because I don't really feel that I'd get that much feedback on it. It's not enough that people just read my blog. Once in a while every blogger needs feedback, whether it be positive or negative, because, truthfully, that would be the only way in which they would be able to grow.

I am an aspiring author and am hoping to get a book published someday. I am beginning to realise just how little time I spend on working towards that dream and therefore, to make it easier for me to make writing a daily routine, I have decided to post some of my work on my blog. But again I wouldn't want my work to remain stale; I would want people to actually give me feedback; and for once I'd want to see comments from different people from all across the globe (where my blog's readers are hiding).

It would mean a lot of people stopped being 'stingy' with comments. Lol and actually gave me feedback, because not only would it motivate me, but also encourage me to wax stronger each time. So.... cutting things short, I am hoping that once I do decide to post most of my work on my blog, I'll have honest critics reviewing them...