Thursday, September 15, 2011

Awkward long-term silence...

A while ago I had an argument with both my little sister and my cousin, different times, but on the same day, which led to me deciding to give them 'the silent treatment'. Unlike anything the house has ever seen, it was super quiet for a week and a half; no one really saying anything to each other(...and my knowing that they were both silently dying on the inside)...

Today, a day after breaking the silence, I and my little sister were in the kitchen (catching up on stuff) and my dad came in and asked what we were being so giddy about, and somehow I managed to ask if he hadn't noticed that I hadn't been talking to neither my little sister nor cousin, and he replied that he hadn't been aware, and on top of that he added "I thought you guys had just decided you wanted some peace and quiet, and to spend time by yourselves for a bit."....I and my sister both looked at each other confused. (Come on dad, really???? When was the last time there was such a painful silence that one could hear a pin drop? ...May I remind you that that only happens when my mother gives us the 'silent treatment' which I find painfully excruciating.....@_@)


My dad, who was casually pouring himself tea at the time then went "Great. You should do it again!"(as in give each other a silent treatment again) with a huge grin on his face.   I think that must have been the best week and a half of his life, seeing as there was complete silence. Not that my dad notices our arguments anyway, apart from when they get really heated...like if we start pulling each other's hair or something lol, and he is forced to turn away from his computer (which he usually spends a lot of time on) to tell us to be quiet, or just stare us down with an 'evil eye' (expecting us to understand that he means business!)