Tuesday, September 6, 2011

AMBI fade cream (oily skin) product review

I must warn that I've never really written a product review before, so I sure hope this one goes well
NB! This is not a form of advertisement 

AMBI fade cream (for oily skin): 

For a start I ordered AMBI fade cream around the end of the month of May and received it within the first week of June, which wasn't too bad for Ebay's shipping service. Around the time I started gaining an interest for AMBI fade cream and actually decided to try it, I had already heard so much about it from  both Bloggers and Youtubers, who had both positive and negative things to say about the product (mostly positive, which is why I ended up ordering it).

Since I've already put up a picture of the cream in the box it arrived in, I suppose there's no need for me to describe in details how the product looks, but instead jump to how it was supposed to work and how it ended up working on my skin.

Well, since I've had ├╝ber sensitive 'acne prone' skin, I've been plagued by dark scaring from my teen days of acne. Thank God for facial washes and creams, as I eventually stopped breaking out so much in my later years. But the scars were still there to remind me of my horrible years of 'puberty'.

Ingredients: Hydroquinone 2%, Octinoxate 2%.

Because of bleaching agents, the users are instructed to only apply a thin layer of the product on the affected areas two times daily, and to avoid sun unless they have applied sun screen, this is to hinder dark spots from reappearing.

Purpose of product: To visibly fade dark spots and skin discolorations for an even, natural skin tone.


The directions at the back of the product state that one should discontinue usage if there is no improvement after 3 months.



Many of the products I'd previously read stated that results were seen after only two weeks of usage. Although I suppose that it will take longer, depending on how dark the spots you are dealing with are.  Regardless - and being the impatient person I am - I expected to see results already after the first week, which of course, to my dismay, did not show. I didn't even see results after the first month, which is why I started thinking that it wouldn't work. It wasn't until well into the second month of using it, when I'd already almost given up, that I'd started seeing some results.

As the product is only meant to fade dark spots and skin discolourations, I don't think it would satisfy the people who are looking for the quickest ways to completely remove dark spots and skin discolouration. I suppose one would only truly start seeing an even complexion (again, also depending on how dark your spots are) once they have used the product for a whole year.

So far, it has been 3 1/4 months since I first started using the product, and I must say that I've noticed a ton of difference, compared to how my cheeks looked previously. Most of the tiny dark spots are all gone, and I feel like my skin's complexion looked a lot better.

At the moment I don't have pictures available to post of the results, but as soon as I located them on my camera, I'll be sure to put them up.

Rating:

3/5

Reason: I am not completely happy about how long I've had to wait for any 'remarkable' results, and I just feel that I won't be seeing any great results until perhaps after I've used it for at least a year, which is okay, seeing as the product would probably last up to a year because of the amount that is left in the tube.  I really hope I'll see greater results after perhaps three more months.

Of course the good thing is that I've been receiving a lot of compliments about how my face looks these days. I've been told my face looks a lot clearer and smoother.