Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why I hate what I hate....

Ever wondered why you hate certain types of things without really knowing why? ... 


I and my younger sister were sitting in the sitting room reading each of our books and then my little brother came in and asked us what was so fun about reading, adding that he really didn't understand how we managed to sit through several pages of boring books, to this I answered that he really just needed to find a book he likes and that would get him reading in no time...


After a while we suddenly landed on the real reason behind him not really liking to read. He told us it had to to with bad reading experiences, like when our mother used to force him to sit for long hours with a book so he could learn how to read. I told my mother about that and she said it had nothing to do with the fact that she had forced him to read, but that it was just an excuse because he just needed something to blame. As a joke she added that since our eldest brother had started reading at the age of three, that she had thought we would be wonder children and enrol at Universities by the time we had become four months old... Tchyeaahhh right.... lol 


My reason for not liking mathematics has something to do with the fact that I have had really, really, really bad experiences with it. But that does not mean I hate it, I just wouldn't sit down and solve mathematics equations  even if the opportunity presented itself. I'm wayyyyyy over that now, although I do looooove to read an wouldn't change it for the world. Books roooock  and I'm a proud nerd!!!