Sunday, June 26, 2011

If they can't love you for who you are, they need to get to stepping...

One thing I find really important is a person being able to appreciate themselves for who they are. If they are unable to do so, they are less likely able to change in a positive way. If you do not like who you are, anyone's opinion about you will cause you to sway.

I can't stress enough how important it is to like one's self, especially in a society that has taught individuals to self hate or to run away from themselves by hiding beneath products or extensions. I am not bashing people for wearing make-up or putting in extensions, I do wear make-up myself from time to time and am planning on putting in extensions as a protective hairstyle in a few weeks time; my point, however, is that a lot of people who do wear make-up, wear it because they feel that it works as a confidence booster, that it makes them look prettier.

Over years I had suffered from acne which had left pretty bad scarring on my skin and I'll never forget this one particular day in the ninth grade (although I completely ignored the comment, thank goodness) when I had decided to stop wearing make-up and just go for a natural look, and one of my friends had said "Whoa...maybe you should just stick to wearing make-up."

One thing about me is that I haven't been particularly bothered about comments by people I don't feel very close to or people whom aren't related to me, so whatever they say is just like flyaway hair to me. It goes in one ear and out the other.

I have always been a person eager to do the complete opposite of what everyone else is doing simply because I hate not being seen as an individual, which I am. If someone would make a nasty comment about my hair for example, I'd make an effort to make it look even more kinkier to their distaste...(lol) just to make them understand that I gave a flying monkey (aren't they just adorable..... the flying monkeys that is) what they thought about me.

The only thing I ever react to is if a family member or a person I consider close makes a nasty comment about me, this is because I regard them as a huge part of me and therefore much of what they say has a huge effect on me, in ways you cannot even imagine.  (e.g. that time my uncle said I laugh like a mouse.... oh how upsetting that comment was.... but it didn't change the way I laugh....Come to think about it, at least he didn't say I laugh like a horse..)

I believe people who tell me to laugh a little lower are just insecure about themselves and don't really know where to place themselves. They are so conscious of what everyone will think of them instead of just relaxing and having a good time.

I am not about to change myself for the purpose of people falling in love with me. There are people who just won't like you no matter what you do, so why waste effort on trying to please them? If people think I laugh loudly, I'll laugh even louder, if people think my hair is weird, I'll rock it even more, if people think I'm weird, I'll be even weirder. I don't CARE what they think. I stopped caring a loooooooooooooooooong time ago, considering the fact that you just CAN'T please everyone.

I'm not going to be ''ladly like'' so some guy can look my way... if he doesn't like what's in front of him then so be it. I wear what I like, do my hair the way I like, say what I like (of course trying to respect other's feelings as well) and do exactly what I please. No person in the entire world is going to change me except if it's for the better, and quite honestly I don't see how being myself has negatively affected anyone, so that's what I'm going to keep doing. BEING MYSELF!

Go on..


                                     BE HAPPY. BE YOURSELF