Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Help

Coming from a country where good movies are rarely seen (the ones with not only a good storyline, but also a good message) I know exactly how it feels looking through a set of newly released movies and sighing with disappointment lingering in one's stomach. Luckily for me, there's the internet which lets me know about the release of good movies and I happened to stumble upon this movie: The Help via facebook.

I am usually a person who does not always pay attention to everything around me, but certain adverts do tend to catch my eye and this time it just happened to be one using Martin Luther King's famous speech's phrase "I have a dream", telling a story about three Mississippi women dreaming about equality and Black civil rights. Here's the trailer.

For a while I actually wondered what it would be like as a black person living in the 60's or the 50's.