Monday, March 14, 2011

Keeping a positive spirit

For three days I had been feeling down in the dumps after what had happened in Japan. The headlines of the news on television and on in the internet and front pages of the newspapers weren't making matters any better as it was a continuous reminder of the damage which had been caused there. Why sadness had struck me so terribly this time in comparison to all other natural disasters which have happened previously, I do not have an answer for. But I am sincerely praying for the safety of a friend of mine who I am still missing.

I wished to write a post centred on positive energy rather than sadness and gloom, because I did not want people to lose hope or to dwell on negativity. Therefore, now that I have been able to pick myself up and be thankful for the lives which are yet in tact in Japan I am able to write a few sentences in a post after so long. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan, both those who are still alive and facing tremendous shortage in many areas, those who have lost someone and those who have died. However, tragedies can be viewed on many different levels. One can choose to hate and be angry about their loved ones being ripped away or they can remember them in a way they would have wished to be remembered; happy. 

             "Happiness is like a sunny day" - Quote taken from Taiwanese drama Sunny Happiness

Sometimes, although not always for the better, to experience loss makes a person more appreciative of life, but also makes a person love more in the sense of extending their love to more people and making sure to lead a life they can look back and be proud about. 

To lose someone is the absolute hardest, and I can identify because I have lost in my life. But, after the storm, after the flood, then comes sunshine. No matter how hard it is, it is better to remember people happy and smiling, rather than remembering the loss of them. 

I am sorry if my words seem to be all over the place at the moment. I am still working on gathering my thoughts. But until then.....