Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything felt so right

I think shoes, hair and clothes play an important role in a person's feeling of contentment. If a person's shoes are torn or their hair messy for example, it might affect how they act on that day or how they respond. :P 


I was feeling pretty good today until I noticed a hole in my right shoe and then the rain started pouring down. Great!!! And I was carefully trying to avoid a puddle (I know there would be no way I'd be able to pass it without stepping into it, but I thought it would be worth a try to walk around it) on my way to University, bending my knees to avoid a bush as I am really tall,I stepped right in it. My shoes were filled with water and I honestly felt like a little child wanting to run home and cry. 


After mistakenly thinking I had a doctor's appointment today, I left my seminar early, and since I had absolutely no intention of going back to embarrass myself, I decided to just go home. 


Having an irritating puddle in my shoe led me to enter a girl's restroom at the University. I stopped in front of a dryer and put my shoe underneath it, trying to include my right foot in one go; it was rather hard as there was an inbuilt sensor in the dryer, and holding my leg up to it became tiring after a while. I think it finally sunk in that they were not to be saved.


It was not until I stopped by a shoe shop and bought myself a pair of new shoes (I even asked the lady if I could buy them while I was wearing them, seeing as my shoes were already so messed up) that I actually felt "whole again".  It was like the day was a whole new one and as I was walking home I couldn't help but smile to myself, and I could swear I saw one of the girls I had seen in the shoe shop earlier, point at my shoes and say to her friend "Look, there are those shoes I was telling you about." *giggles* They were speaking in another language, so it could be she was saying something completely different, but it didn't matter because "I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything felt so right!" 


And when I came home I threw my old shoes in the bin!!!