Friday, December 24, 2010

If my eyes were cameras

As I stood at the bus stop at the Holmlia centre (in Oslo/Norway of course) waiting for the bus, it started snowing. At first I had not noticed the snow flakes which were clinging to my scarf and coat, but after a while as I looked closely I realized their difference in both shapes and sizes. They were beautiful and I couldn't help but wish I had a camera so I could take a memorable photo.

I always used to go around thinking "If only our eyes could take pictures, they would probably be the best cameras in the world." There are just certain things the eye can capture that a camera can't. such small snowflakes would have been impossible to capture with professional cameras, yet I could see them so clearly, as if I was looking through a magnifier glass.

It's still a mystery to me how everything in nature has its own symmetry. Plants, snowflakes, stones etc. The list could go on forever, but I'm obviously not going to sit here for so long.

I really hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas break and taking it easy. Although I should be stressed with two exams coming up, I just cannot seem to do anything else but relax. I believe I have had a good opportunity to read and understand some of the subjects which will be presenting themselves on the exam and I am super grateful for that.

Now I think the best thing for me would be to kick back and relax and enjoy the rest of the precious time I have left with my family before I travel back to another workload and plenty to do.








Chika  x x x