Monday, October 18, 2010

Love, regardless

I don't believe that you have to be a certain age to know you love someone. You love your family, your friends, and that never required an age. You don't have to be 30 to know what love is, I guess you have to be when it comes to making certain decisions. You have to be at least that age, if not in your 20's.

Some people find each other when they're 14, or 16, and stay together throughout their whole life. My grandma met my grandpa when she was 13, and she had her first child at 15, and they stayed together until death parted them. My grandpa eventually died of heart-ache, having lost my grandma at an early stage in life. She was his other half, and for him, she was all he had ever known and therefore he died because he was unable to live without her.

I might be 20, but I'm certainly not stupid. My grandma was 13 when she met my grandpa, and just because times have changed doesn't mean love has. Love exists in all forms, and sometimes you don't have to be old just to know what love is.

Some people are so quick to say "Ah, you're too young to know what love is", or "be careful, you might get your heart broken if you are not realistic." Realistic? Love is realistic; at least it was the last time I checked.  Love is Love, regardless. People are able to tell their feelings apart. You might have been "in love" loads of times, but then there's one person who makes you feel so different from all the other times. You can't eat, you can't think, you can't sleep without thinking about them, always worrying about whether they're okay or not, always praying for their safety, always wishing they would be close.

I have liked a lot of people, but I've never genuinely cared about them, their safety or well-being. "Selfishly in love", one could say.I only loved the feeling I had and not the people. It's completely different now. I care about the person, I care about his safety, well-being and happiness. I'm 20, but I can say that at this age I haven't swayed one bit. I know exactly what it is I want. I won't blink.


Signed with Love,

Chika xxx