Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pull yourself together

It's so easy to think you've got everything all figured out, until one little thing happens and your plans are all ruined. You become scared and don't really know what to do next once things don't go the exact same way you've planned. We've all been there, and most of us wish we could just be a little child again; creep back under the covers and comfort of our beds and forget about the whole world is what we really want to do when such problems occur. Unfortunately for us, that's not how things work.

Where do I go from here?

I've reached a point in my life where I just want to run away from everything I know, just hibernate and forget the world outside. The thought of running away is always so tempting and also the easiest option, but the best option of them all is to face a problem. If one doesn't face their problems, they'll be prone to running away for the rest of their lives, never really knowing if they could have been able to defeat them, or rise above situations.

An example I like to use is: a war might have taken place, and only the people who witnessed it would really know what went on, although there might be different stories to one event - but the people who read the secondary information about the war, would not be able to know exactly what went on. I believe that unless a person has actually been through something on their very own, they would not be able to learn from it. A person cannot learn from what they have not experienced; there would be nothing to learn in such a situation. 

I realized that the things I've been running away from for so long will be the very things I will look straight in the eye this year. I'm tired of running, tired of hiding.

                       
               Fear, here I come!

Point of entry?

Don't dwell on the things you cannot change. Don't focus on the negative side of life, but rather the positive, changing the things you can.



Signed with love, 


Chika xxx