Monday, September 6, 2010

The Giraffe


Whilst growing up I was called a number of things; most of them pretty hurtful at the time (Like baboon. By this guy who was checking out my, then - friend, or Clown. etc) But among all of these hurtful things, I learned to embrace one, and it was a nickname given to me by my younger brother with the agenda of hurting me, when all it really did do was make me stronger. He used to call me a giraffe because of the dark spots on my face and because of my height. I always used to hate it, but looking at giraffes, I really wouldn't mind, as they are to me some really beautiful creatures. They are tall, with long necks and have really beautiful skin.


I had forgotten that giraffes were on my list of admirable animals when I was younger, and had only let the negative notions behind my little brother's words, get to me. I would love to be called a giraffe again, just to let people know that it doesn't get to me anymore. Their definition of a giraffe was never mine.



Signed with Love,

Chika xxx