Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Basically, people don't get it when I say I'm allergic to nuts. They just don't, or they choose to ignore it, or even forget it. I can't even start by mentioning how many times my mom has forgotten I'm allergic to nuts. I'm basically so allergic that I start reacting to it, even if I am not the one eating it.

Of course I can't go around reminding/telling everyone that I'm allergic to nuts. That would, well... be kinda NUTS. But us who suffer from nut allergies don't really have it easy on public transportation. I remember I thought I was going to have a heart attack because I was sitting on a coach on my way to London this once and someone happened to be eating nuts, and there were NO WINDOWS! I thought to myself "Is this how it feels to die?"....
.... ... ....

When I was younger, I was at a party and talking to this man who happened to be eating peanuts, and well.... he wasn't too easy on the talking, or the spitting, so I could totally feel the nuts - or at least the bits which he had chewed, hit me in my face as he spoke..... Boy did I itch all the way home that day, and that day I also made a promise to myself that I would never sit an inch away from a peanut eater, but then again, it wasn't my fault he was sitting so close, and I was just too polite to move.

That's basically one of my many nut allergy stories. It's just, I feel others should respect that there are nut allergy sufferers around, and that they should be more careful when they open a bag of nuts, let alone their mouths whilst they are chewing nuts. I mean, my case hasn't resulted in death, but a lot of people do die of allergies when people are not careful, so therefore allergies are things one should take seriously.


Signed with Love,



Chika xxx